In accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation № 635-р from 16.03.2020 all visa procedures in the Russian diplomatic or consular missions are suspended and access to the territory of the Russian Federation is closed for all foreign citizens except for the following categories:
- Accredited or appointed employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states in the Russian Federation, as well as their family members;
- Official delegation members;
- International freight car drivers;
- Crew members of aircraft, sea and river vessels and locomotives;
- Holders of Russian diplomatic and service visa;
- Holders of Russian private visa issued only in connection with the death of a close relative;
- Foreign citizens with permanent residence on the territory of the Russian Federation;
- Foreign citizens transiting through the air checkpoints.
The issuing of the electronic visa is also suspended from 18.03.2020.
NEW OFFICIAL RUSSIAN VISA CENTER IN ANTWERP (OPENED ON 1 DECEMBER 2016) - LINK
3RD FLOOR, JAN VAN RIJSWIJCKLAAN 158,
HOURS OF OPERATION:
9:00 - 15:00 - MONDAY - FRIDAY, except on declared holidays.
COLLECTION OF PASSPORTS:
15:30 - 17:00 - MONDAY - FRIDAY, except on declared holidays.
THE CONSULATE GENERAL ACCEPTS VISA APPLICATIONS (Mo,We,Fr from 10.00-12.30)
ONLY BY APPOINTMENT PERSONALLY FROM THE APPLICANT
EXEPT FOR THE GUESTS OF THE BELGIAN EMBASSY IN MOSCOW AND GUESTS OF THE BELGIAN CONSULATE-GENERAL IN ST-PETERSBOURG
PLEASE CLIK HERE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
TYPES OF RUSSIAN VISAS ISSUED BY THE CONSULATE GENERAL:
"ОДНОКРАТНАЯ" - single entry visa
"ДВУКРАТНАЯ" - double entry visa
"MНОГОКРАТНАЯ" - multiple entry visa (duration of stay must not exceed 90 days of each 180 days)
Most common types of visa according to the purpose of visit:
-BUSINESS (for business purposes)
-PRIVATE (a visit to a friend or relative)
-TOURIST (when traveling on a tour program for maximum of 30 days)
-EDUCATIONAL (to study in Russia for a long-time period)
-WORK (to work in Russia for a long-time period)
-HUMANITARIAN (scientific, educational or cultural exchange)
-TRANSIT VISA (to go through the territory of Russia to other country)
To apply for a Russian visa an applicant of a Belgian citizenship should present:
1. A valid PASSPORT for traveling abroad with at least one sheet free of any stamps or visas on both sides. The date of expiry of the passport should not be less than six months from the date of departure from the Russian Federation (according to an application, invitation and/or tourist voucher).
2. An APPLICATION FORM (to be filled here) signed by the applicant in original with all the fields filled in and one recent passport-size photo.
Photo requirements here. The photo must be glued to the form, and not stapled or taped.
3. An INVITATION
FOR BUSINESS - an original Letter of Invitation from a hosting company (=organization to be visited in Russia) containing all information listed in Article 4.2 of the RUSSIA-EU VISA FACILITATION AGREEMENT* (example – here) or an authorised by Russian Migratory or Foreign Ministry Service original Invitation from a hosting company (organization to be visited).
FOR WORK OR EDUCATIONAL, SCIENTIFIC, AND HUMANITARIAN PURPOSES - an original Invitation issued by an authorised organization. (example – here)
FOR PRIVATE VISITS - (to visit friends or relatives - Russian citizens or foreigners permanently residing in Russia) - an originalInvitation from a hosting person in a form authorized by the Russian Federal Migration Service (Ministry of Internal Affairs).
New rules to have Russian private visas from the 18th of March 2010 - read here (in Russian).
to visit close relatives from EU legally residing in Russia - original and notarilly guaranteed Invitation with information listed in Article 4.2 of the RUSSIA-EU VISA FACILITATION AGREEMENT and accompanied with copies of official documents proving legal residence of a host person in Russia and his/her relation to an invitee)*.
FOR TOURISM (only when performing a tour with a special program for recreational or leisure purposes) - a Tourist Voucher and aForeign Tourist Acceptance Form (example – here) issued by a tourist company/hotel registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation with a valid reference number. (the validity of the tourist reference number can be checked here)
*WHEN USING PROVISIONS OF THE RUSSIA-EU VISA FACILITATION AGREEMENT you may be asked to write a Personal Letter of Request to the Consul General of the Russian Federation in Antwerp. In this case the documents are accepted only upon a decision of the Consul General of the Russian Federation in Antwerp (may take 1-3 days).
4. A PROOF of MEDICAL INSURANCE issued by a medical insurance company that has a valid agreement with Russian medical institutions or medical insurance companies. The medical insurance may be proved by an original insurance policy or certificate accompanied by an official letter (no cards) issued by an insurance company with original signatures and seals and indicating a name of a person traveling to Russia, a period of validity of the insurance, its coverage (worldwide and/or the Russian Federation), a scope of medical assistance provided, name, address, and telephone number of a contact person in Russia.
LIST OF INSURANCE COMPANIES ISSUING INSURANCES VALID ON THE TERRITORY OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION:
(the presence of your insurance company in this list does not mean that your insurance is automatically valid in the Russian Federation, it should be proved with the official documents issued by your insurance company (certificate, attest, letter of insurance, policy) when you apply for visa in the Consulate General)
SCHWARZMEER / SOVAG
Touring Club Royal de Belgique
If your company is not in the list but authorized to insure travelers to the Russian Federation, the name and the telephone number of the contact person in Russia should figure in official document (certificate, attest, official letter, policy etc) and/or a detailed scope of provided medical and insurance services should be attached.
5. For citizens from countries not participating in the RUSSIA-EU VISA FACILITATION AGREEMENT - documents of permanent residence in Belgium (minimum for 90 days).
6. Only when staying in Russia more than 3 months during one visit (for work or education) - HIV-TEST CERTIFICATE signed by the doctor and sealed by the medical institution that conducted the test.
THE CONSULATE GENERAL RESERVES A RIGHT TO REQUIRE ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS THAT IT CONSIDERS TO BE NECESSARY FOR VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE.
WHEN APPLYING FOR VISA PLEASE BE READY TO PASS AN INTERVIEW AND TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR STAY IN RUSSIA.
After your documents are accepted by a Consulate General officer you will be given a ticket that serves as a reference number for your dossier. Shortly after you receive the ticket our cashier will invite you to pay a fee for your visa by calling a number of your ticket. All payments shall be made via Bancontact. You will be given a receipt which contains a date when your visa is ready and serves as a proof that your documents are proceeded. When coming to pick your passport and visa present your receipt and ticket. After you receive your visa and passport please verify it to make sure that all information in your visa is correct (your name, date of birth, number of passport, date of entry, date of departure).
THE CONSULATE GENERAL MAY REFUSE TO ISSUE A VISA WITHOUT EXPLANATION OF ITS REASONS AND WITHOUT REIMBURSEMENT OF ALL FEES PAID DURING THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE.
PLEASE APPLY FOR YOUR VISA IN ADVANCE. OUR ADVICE IS NOT TO BUY TRAVEL TICKETS OR ANY OTHER SERVICES IN RUSSIA BEFORE YOU GET YOUR VISA.
EXPRESS VISAS ARE GIVEN ONLY IN URGENT SITUATIONS WITH LESS THAN 3 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
According to the RUSSIA-EU VISA FACILITATION AGREEMENT the fee for Russian visa to Belgian citizens is 35 euros (Bancontact only).
In urgent situations you may apply for an express procedure that costs 70 euros (Bancontact only).
THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION IN ANTWERP WELCOMES ALL THE FOREIGN VISITORS TO RUSSIA AND ENCOURAGES ANY KIND OF CULTURAL, EDUCATIONAL, SCIENTIFIC, BUSINESS AND PERSONAL EXCHANGE BETWEEN RUSSIA AND BELGIUM.
WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION AND PATIENCE AND WISH YOU A GOOD STAY IN THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION!